36 hours per week -
ASAP till 29 nov 2024 -
What you will do
As our solution architect, you will bridge the gap between business processes and IT. You are active on the shop floor between and with our teams. Based on the business requirements, together with the lead developers, you will design the technology for the realization of complex components. In doing so, you take into account frameworks and objectives such as standardization, scalability, reusability, performance, security and availability.
In coordination with the other (solution/lead) architects in the cluster, you develop your future vision on the position of our software components in the broader application landscape of NS. You ensure that our (high-level) solution directions are in line with laws and regulations and the NS architectural frameworks. You stay abreast of developments in the organization and determine the impact of changes on (current) projects. Of course you are also a connoisseur and advocate of our preferred way of working: we work in an Agile framework (SAFe) and we are fully committed to Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration and DevOps.
Some of your daily tasks include:
- Designing (high-level) solution directions, in line with the set requirements, together with the lead developers.
- Advise on chosen solutions to stakeholders such as the Product Owners, IT lead and Lead Solution Architect.
- Coordinate with Product Owners on the business roadmap, enabler epics, prioritization on the backlog and architectural runway.
- Take direction and direction on the deliverables required for the architecture (think about managing the data model with various stakeholders, both inside and outside our domain).
- Advise and coach the teams in their automation efforts (with the goal of continuous improvement of workflow, software quality and development speed).
- Documenting and checking delivered architecture and engineering products.
- Communicate the target architecture and architecture roadmap of the node domain.
Here you will work
You will work in the domain "Knot and Service" which is part of the cluster "Agile Logistics". We develop IT systems for the planning department that solves the logistical puzzles at the marshalling and stabling yards. Together we ensure that all trains are ready for passengers at the right place and time: cleaned, checked, and technically maintained. Our software products make the planning and adjustment process faster and more flexible. You will contribute to this as Solution Architect for the B@K and KCPK development teams.
B@K is our adjustment application for the node-service points in the network. B@K is a business-critical application that will be used at all equipment nodes in the country. It will enable more efficient and effective logistics processes for updating at the sidings.
KCPK is "Short-cycle Planning at the Node." In this, we work on the automated resolution of planning problems. This new planning software consists of several components and is being developed by 2 development teams working closely together. The HIP team works on the planning algorithm, the Planboard team works on the applications to provide this algorithm with data and visualize the outcomes.
These are the requirements
- WO/HBO working and thinking level.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of management, data and security guidelines, and requirements engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with architecture methods, techniques, tools, frameworks, etc. Certifications such as TOGAF and ArchiMate are a plus.
- You have experience within large/complex organizations. You are able to move with change. You have experience with SAFe, DevOps and CI/CD (mindset and tooling).
- You are analytically strong and get satisfaction from understanding complex processes and chains.
- You are coaching and can also help team members as individuals on the team.
- Experience with algorithms and solvers is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java, .Net and Azure is a plus.
Sean Verhoef +31(0)20-3337629