Full Stack Developer (Permanent / Full-time job)
YIP.com is an early stage privately funded startup. We are building a multi-channel platform for people like you; creative passionate individuals who want to make a career from doing what they love.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company at an early stage and be involved in bringing a revolutionary product to the market. Please do not let our age fool you, we are a global team consisting of experienced professionals who have come together with the mission of changing the way people work, learn, and earn.
Our mission is to enable as many people as possible to work and learn online wherever they may be in the world.
Experienced: Our team have been building companies and technology for a combined total of over 100 years. We know how to attract, grow and empower good people. We have built global teams for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Collaborative: The best idea is probably someone else's! We partner with others to ensure that the best thinking and execution is available for the success of our business and that our team has the support they need when they need it.
Open: Your goals are our goals, and vice versa. We form teams based on objective not hierarchy and everyone is focused on the same outcome.
Relaxed: There must be a huge fun element in our working lives, else? Why do it? We enjoy the creativity of being responsible for the way we do things, the solution we design, the products we build. We challenge each other daily, but we delight in that collaboration.
Keen to grow: You’re passionate enough to implement/share your ideas and skills with your colleagues, be accountable for your work, have a strong work ethic and a positive driven approach to solving problems. You want to improve, continuously.
Creative: You are constantly pushing for more original and innovative ideas and solutions. You encourage critical thinking in others.
Hands On: You see a problem, you fix it. You will be working with senior management and founders, and work hand in hand in defining the product for the technology teams to implement. You will be writing and deploying code from day 1.
A Team-player: You are someone who actively contributes to their group, completes tasks, meets goals and manages projects. Your comfortable listening to co-workers, respect their ideas and aim to improve the product or process at hand. You are also accepting of other people, no matter their sexual orientation, religion, nationality, or race.
International: The company is English speaking but fluency in Dutch, or another language, would be a bonus!
What you’re going to do…
To grow and improve our platform, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us realize our product vision.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
· Building the front-end app following our UX design.
· Develop and manage a well-functioning codebase and elegant architecture.
· Write effective APIs.
· Collaborate as part of a remote development team.
· Implement effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
· Run diagnostic tests, repair defects, and provide technical leadership to junior resources.
In addition to growing our business, we want you to grow. In collaboration with our founders, we will agree a personal growth plan with you.
YIP is a start-up, where change and improvement is embedded in our culture. We are therefore looking for someone who seeks this kind of environment. Characteristics such as flexibility, creativity and delivery are key.
Full Stack Developer Requirements:
· 3-5 years professional development working experience.
· 3-years project experience on NodeJS frameworks like Express.JS.
· Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases and web servers.
· Experience of building web applications using technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and React.
· Experience of developing cloud-based platforms or applications.
· Experience writing unit/integration tests (Mocha, Chai, Jest)
Good to Have
· 1 year experience of deploying on GCP using services like CloudRun, IAM, Batch Processing and Cloud Filestore.
· Knowledge of the latest secure software concepts, OWASP
· Knowledge of Docker, Docker-hub.
· Knowledge of deployment and release processes, for example GitAction.
Sean Verhoef +31(0)20-3337629