Data Warehouse Engineer
PERMANENT CONTRACT (ENGLISH & NL SPOKEN) -
40 hours per week -
NIBC Bank Den Haag
Do you like diving into the details when it comes to data? Do you get enthusiastic working on business challenges by analyzing data, building solutions and making sure these solutions are implemented? Do you love to achieve agreed objectives, together?
As a Data Warehouse Engineer at NIBC you will work on the development and improvement of our Data Warehouse (DWH). Together with the team you will design data models, build ETL processes, and support testing and implementation of our current DWH. Additionally, together with the team you will be responsible for the operational process. This includes monitoring the daily automated processes and fix issues may they arise. Within the team we work Agile/Scrum, which means the team consist out of a product owner, scrum master and development team. Furthermore, we have started a large-scale project to move the DWH towards our future data platform architecture using innovative technologies such as Data Warehouse Automation.
Above all, you understand the importance of data to clients and our organization. With your enthusiasm and willingness to learn you will contribute towards the future business needs. From there you create a plan for how data will support and enable this, based on the data architecture. You are a sparring partner for business stakeholders and other colleagues, with whom you implement data solutions.
As a Data Warehouse Engineer, we expect you to:
· Have analytics capabilities to resolve operational incidents.
· Set up and work on DWH related projects.
· Automate and optimize various processes within the DWH.
· Develop new features in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
· Reach out to the end-user to gather requirements for (expected) changes to our DWH.
· Provide advice and guidance to business stakeholders and other colleagues regarding the use of data from the data platform and data warehouse.
· Work with the team on their journey towards DevOps (e.g., CI/CD).
· Take part in knowledge sharing sessions.
· Work on your personal development.
As Data Warehouse Engineer you are part of the ODS team. This team is part of the Retail Banking IT domain, in which several competences are present, like Application Managers, Business Analysts, Data Engineers, Change Leads etc. The team consists of different ages, nationalities and backgrounds. We strive for an informal, collegial atmosphere where respect, trust, openness and appreciation are core values. You will become a specialist within the ODS team.
NIBC is evolving from a financial service provider to a tech company in banking. We share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our clients, which we call our THINK YES mentality. Whenever our business departments identify a market opportunity, NIBC IT has to follow up quickly to enable satisfying our clients’ needs. IT aims to be one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation of our bank, an ongoing process that will profoundly change the relationship with our clients and the way we do business. We are closely connected, have few management levels and short lines of communication. If you have a good idea today, you may be elaborating it tomorrow.
A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this and inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. Therefore, we are looking for people with diverse profiles, who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture.
What’s in it for you?
NIBC is an ambitious environment where together we strive to create a fantastic workplace where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. To increase our professionalism, we focus on giving each other continuous feedback. Some of our benefits:
· We work in a hybrid way to maintain a healthy work-life balance while still be connected and collaborating physically with each other. This is one of our drivers of success.
· An annual personal development budget, to be spent at your discretion.
· The opportunity to ‘codesign your own job description’.
· The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to oversee your own development.
· Vitality program, annual companywide sports & leisure day (also virtual).
· No vacation registration and officially 31 holidays and, of course, a competitive salary.
What do you bring?
· You have affinity with Business Intelligence, data modeling or data integration.
· Evidence of self-motivation for continuous development.
· A relevant bachelor or master’s degree.
· Knowledge on the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Server, T-SQL / SSIS / Visual Studio / C#) is a pre.
· Experience in working in Agile/Scrum/DevOps teams or clear understanding of the methodology.
· Fluent in Dutch and English.
Sean Verhoef +31(0)20-3337629