Calypso DevOps Engineer
Start: 20 November 2023 -
End: 20 May 2024 -
Possible extension: YES -
Hours per week: 36
Client is looking for a Developer and not a support engineer
We are looking for an experienced Calypso DevOps Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the financial institutions, a consultancy or in a financial software company.
The Calypso DevOps Engineer will be expected to:
• Develop (complex) new functionality and coordinate its implementation on the Calypso Production environment.
• Functionally and technically support the Calypso application (24x7) on a rotational basis.
• Automate deployment, functional/technical/performance testing, system health checks, regression testing and anything else that is still done manually.
• Work in close collaboration with the Product Owner and DevOps teams to understand Requirements.
• Maintain existing Automated Test Solutions.
• Work with the existing development team to improve working practices and release process.
• Provide a level of support in line with the SLAs in place
• Book calls and resolutions in the incident management support tool
• Liaise with other support teams and departments to provide solutions to problems
• Monitor systems and carry out “housekeeping” tasks as required
• Participate in overnight support rota
• Participate in occasional on site and off site (remote) support, public holiday and weekend work.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
• Calypso Version 13+ or higher;
• Working experience with object oriented programming (Java)
• Financial Products such as Foreign Exchange, Money Markets and Derivatives;
• Hands-on knowledge of SQL, Linux & scripting
• Hands-on knowledge of Continuous Delivery tools such as: Git, Jenkins, Maven, ANT (Microsoft Azure would be a plus)
• Experience of automated tools such Fitnesse, Selenium or similar
• Trade Processing, Confirmations, Settlements, Payments and Accounting;
• File Transfer Protocols and Middleware Architecture;
• Agile Scrum and DevOps methodologies.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Strong ability to work independently in a Techno Functional environment;
• Very good Analytical Skills and problem-solving ability;
• Must be a fast learner, self-motivated, team player, and collaborator;
• Good communication skills, pro-active and open attitude;
Candidate must live in the Netherlands
Heinz Van de Kaa +31(0)20-3337629