AWS Cloud Engineer
36 hours a week -
02-08-2021 till 30-06-2022 -
Possibe extension: Yes
That smile on the face of our customer who has just received the key to his new home. You can make a difference as an IT Cloud Engineer and contribute to this. Certainly because, as an IT Cloud Engineer, you will be working on the development and management of the Cloud Services that make this possible.
Rabobank is in the process of transforming into a modern software development organization, using the scale and innovation benefits offered by public cloud services. This transition requires knowledge, an open attitude and cultural change within the organization.
As a cloud engineer within the Cloud Competence Center, you can help to bring about this change by:
- Development, management and maintenance of the AWS Platform for Rabobank
- Develop security and compliancy controls for the Rabobank AWS environment
- Guide DevOps teams on their journey to the cloud
- Work in Scrum teams and work together for the best result
- Standby-shift that will rotate within the team
Your technology stack consists of:
- Program/scripting languages such as Python, node.js, C# and/or Java
- AWS CloudFormation, IAM, Lambda
- Cloud monitoring solutions (AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, ANY stack)
- Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS), AWS Code* suite
With each other
Working together is the way we work. Our team at the Cloud Competence Center joins forces to make all software and automation processes faster, more agile and more secure.
This team is in the lead of our global Cloud Transformation. One of the goals of this team is to double the speed of development. We provide a secure and easy way for DevOps teams within the bank to leverage the AWS Cloud. In addition we have weekly contact with the DevOps teams to understand their challenges and share knowledge.
The Rabobank is transitioning to a Cloud first environment, providing a lot of fun challenges and opportunities. Think of the Datastore application that provides insight in account transactions up to 10 years back for Dutch retail customers.
With you as a Cloud Engineer, the counter of the team stands at over 40 eager colleagues including: Menno, Cloud Engineer: ‘It is incredibly inspiring to be involved in such a fundamental change in the Rabobank IT landscape. We have a huge responsibility to make Public Cloud work within Rabobank and a challenge to lay the foundation for the Rabobank IT of the future'.
With your talents
It is logical that customer orientation, enthusiasm and an unstoppable hunger for new knowledge are indispensable for this function. In addition, it is important that you recognize everything on the checklist below:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant direction (B ICT)
- Substantive knowledge when it comes to Cloud technologies & Cloud design patterns
- Minimum of 2 AWS certifications (Solutions Architect and/or DevOps Engineer and/or Specialty AWS Certifications)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with AWS development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Agile Way of Working (Scrum & Kanban)
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, node.js, C# and/or Java.
- DevOps practices, Git
- Cloud monitoring solutions (AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, ELK stack)
- CI/CD: Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Azure DevOps (previously known as VSTS), AWS Code* Suite,
- AWS Deployment Framework, CloudFormation, IAM, Lambda
- Good communication skills
- Good English proficiency
If you also recognize the following points, this is an advantage:
- Big Data Solutions
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
- Azure AD
Sean Verhoef +31(0)20-3337629